Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Question: How do I get vaccinated? Answer: Keep calling.

We get asked throughout the day: How do I get vaccinated? Are we we giving the best asnwer we can? I wanna know. "We have no official direction, but we tell (people) what we think we know: call your primary care doctor, call health care providers, get on as many lists as possible," I said in an email query to County Judge Phillip Spenrath. "Can you provide guidance when we are asked about where to obtain a vaccine, and whether Wharton County will become or be part of a hub?," I asked. He replied, that's as good as it gets — he gives the same advice we do. However, I have no reason to celebrate that we got it right. "You are currently answering just as I do.(County emergency management coordinator) Andy (Kirkland) is talking with Colorado County about possibly coordinating a hub. There is still a lot to be worked out," the judge replied to my email. You may ask, what is a hub? Here is the definition from the Texas Health and Human Services: "Beginning in January, Texas established large vaccination sites or hubs around the state. The goal of these hubs is to provide more people the vaccine and a simpler way to sign up for an appointment. Providers will focus on vaccinating areas and populations hardest hit by COVID‑19." Wharton County is not in a hub at the moment. No need to dwell on what we are not doing, so I advice dwell on what we can be doing. That's call, and keep calling. Correcton: I should have also mentioned pharmacies on your call lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Betty Boop and movie ratings

The motion picture rating system was developed and is in place through the motion picture industry itself. It is not enforced by law. It st...